Illuminating Efficiency: Exploring Different Types of LED Parking Lot Lights
The way parking lot places are lit up today is a great example of how to save money and come up with new ideas. The switch to LED parking lot lights has changed how parking lots are lit and brought other perks that weren’t possible with traditional lighting. Come talk with us about the different kinds of LED parking lot lights and their clear benefits.
Different Types of LED Parking Lot Lights
- Area Lights / Pole Lights: Area lights serve as the primary source of illumination in a parking lot. They efficiently illuminate wide areas, ensuring thorough and even coverage, with minimal dark spots. Area lights are particularly suitable for open parking spaces, enhancing safety for both drivers and pedestrians while providing ample illumination. These lights can be mounted on poles to extend their coverage across the parking lot. Various mounting accessories, such as bullhorns and tenons, offer installation versatility.
- Flood Lights: Flood lights are made to shine a wide beam of light over a certain area. This makes them great for lighting up places where a lot of people come and go, like doorways and exits. Their concentrated energy makes things easier to see and safer, scaring away possible risks and making people feel safe.
- Wall-Mounted Lights: LED lights mounted on the walls of parking spots with vertical surfaces are an excellent choice. Along walls and ramps, these lamps provide ample illumination, minimizing shadows and enhancing mobility in the area. Wall packs are a prime example for this application. They come in both semi cut-off and full cut-off versions, directing light either partially outward to illuminate the surroundings or completely downward at a 90-degree angle, ensuring compliance with dark sky regulations and reducing light pollution. Additionally, modern LED wall packs offer selectable wattage and CCT (Correlated Color Temperature), providing users with greater flexibility.
- Motion Sensor Lights: LED lights are designed to turn on when they detect motion. This saves energy because they only turn on the lights where they are needed. This lighting is good for parking lots where only a few people walk through at a time.
- Dusk to Dawn Lights: Dusk to dawn lights utilize a photocell feature that detects low light levels, automatically triggering the lights to turn on without the need for a timer or manual switch operation. This not only extends the lifespan of the light fixture but also safeguards the investment by preventing the lights from staying on during daytime hours. Dusk to dawn functionality, often controlled by a photocell, is a valuable feature for outdoor lighting.
Benefits of Using LED Lights in Parking Garages
- Energy Efficiency: People know that LED lights use very little power. They use much less energy than standard lights, so your power bill will be lower and your carbon footprint will be smaller.
- Enhanced Visibility and Safety: LED lights give off a clear, bright light that makes it easier to see in parking lots and reduces shadows. This makes it easier for drivers and people walking to see what’s going on, making the place safer and making it less likely that accidents or illegal things will happen.
- Longevity and Durability: LED lights last a long time, sometimes tens of thousands of hours longer than regular lights. Because they last a long time, they need less maintenance and are replaced less often. This saves money and time.
- Instant On and Flicker-Free: LED lights are different from other lighting systems because they turn on right away. Also, they don’t flash, so users can enjoy a steady and comfortable light.
- Customizable Lighting Solutions: LED lights come in many different colors and levels of brightness, so parking lot owners can change the lighting to meet their needs.
Since LED parking lot lights were invented, the way parking lots are lit has changed. There are many different kinds of these lights. Compared to regular lights, they use less energy, are safer, and last longer. Using LED technology to improve the lights in your parking lot is a smart and efficient way to do so. Check out our LED parking lot lights for expert help and more information.